6.13.2009

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Vicky Cristina Barcelona was written and directed by Woody Allen.
It's about love and relationships...I loved it 'cause this film made me think about what kind of relationship I want for me. If I want something traditional and square or if I want something more intense in every way of the word.

The plot centers on two American women, Vicky (Rebecca Hall) and Cristina (Scarlet Johansson), spending a summer in Barcelona, where they meet an artist called Juan Antonio (Javier Bardem) who is attracted to both of them while still enamored of his mentally and emotionally unstable ex-wife María Elena (Penelope Cruz).
A narrator, present throughout the film, describes the two friends: Vicky is practical and traditional in her approach to love and commitment, and is engaged to the reliable but unromantic Doug. She is in Barcelona getting her masters in Catalan Identity, a project spawned by her love of the works of Gaudí, and is emotionally moved by Spanish guitar. Cristina, on the other hand, is spontaneous and unsure of what she wants in life. She is just out of a relationship and wants to get over the bad time she had making a 12-minute film about Love.



Follow my blog with bloglovin´

1 comment:

O'GARA said...

Legal, vamos assistir juntos qualquer dia...